Friday, January 8, 2010

My First Bike Ride


I've learned how to ride a bike when I was a little girl. On September 25, 2010 I will be riding in my first bike ride-ever! I'm nervous and excited about it at the same time. I've done a 5K (nothing more advanced but I've participated in a run before) and jogging is something I can easily do once I lace up my shoes and head out the door.

Riding the 2nd Annual Texas Mamma Jamma ride holds much significance. I bought my mountain bike before I was diagnosed. I rode mainly at Walnut Creek and did trials and hills that impressed me. The exhilaration of the climb or from coming down a big hill used to set me free. Fast forward to post diagnosis. After having multiple surgeries to my chest, mountain biking scares me. I've done Brushy Creek where it's a flat trail but it's safe.

At this point I'm uncertain if I'll ever feel comfortable enough to reride those hills. Maybe I will be able to do it one day... For the time being I'm excited to road ride and for a good cause! I've bought slicks for my mountain bike and plan to ride at least 46 miles but will ride 66 miles if I can. I will be at a disadvantage because I will be on my mountain bike but I don't have a road bike so I do not know the advantages of a road bike.

The Texas Mamma Jamma benefits 10 local organizations so please donate if you can. Everything counts, even $5. If you don't want to donate, why not volunteer or ride yourself? Click here to donate! Many thanks to Paul and Mary Ann for their donations. I know you would ride with me if you were here...well, maybe only Paul but I sure appreciate your support!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How you find ideas for articles, I am always lack of new ideas for articles. Some tips would be great

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.